Monday, July 6, 2009

Crazy Train

The last couple weeks are really what has kept us so busy. Two weekends ago, we went up to see my Grandma with Mom and Dad. We spent Saturday with her, and had a really nice visit. Then Sunday, we drove over to Cleveland for a relative's graduation party. Well, we had no sooner gotten home Sunday night, and we found out that Grandma had fallen and was in the hospital.
She ended up passing away on Tuesday morning. It was very surprising, but somehow easier than when Grandpa passed about three years ago. Grandma was ready to be with him, and I think that was comforting to me to know they were back together, just how she wanted.
Anyhow, I was sick all day Tuesday, so Thom had to stay home to take care of Eli for me. So I drove up Thursday night with Dad, Josh, and Jenny for the visitation and funeral on Friday. Eli stayed home Thursday night with Thom, and spent Friday at the neighbors playing while Thom worked. I came home with Josh and Jenny Friday evening.
Then we were working like crazy to do laundry and clean the house, because Thom and I were leaving for Vegas on Sunday morning. Mom and Dad stayed at our house with Eli, and Bunnell's came in the mornings to pick Eli up while Mom and Dad were at work. So it worked out really well. I actually did okay being so far away from him for 4 days, better than I thought I would. It was a good trip, we had a lot of fun, saw good shows, and actually won at the tables!
So, anyhow, that's a little bit of what's been keeping us so busy the past couple of weeks!

No comments: