Monday, July 6, 2009

Baby, Baby

We had our big ultrasound a couple weeks ago. I love doing this for so many reasons. Obviously, you get to see the baby. And Thom comes with me - he doesn't usually come to appointments with me, as it's easier for him to stay home with Eli and me to come alone time (yeah, it's for an appointment, but I'm still alone!) But I also love how the tech points out all the baby's organs and body parts. And the baby was looking right at us when we started, which was neat. But the baby was very cooperative with the ultrasound, moving just enough so we could easily see everything. So we got a ton of pictures, including some cute ones of just feet, and the baby waving its fist at us, and in all kinds of positions.

Thom does know what the baby is, so I'm allowed to say that it's a boy! We're very excited, and even more excited that everything looks great and very healthy. I'm also happy that this baby does not move around quite as much as Eli so far. Eli always felt like he was auditioning for every part in Cirq Du Soleil, so this is a nice change for now.

Otherwise, as far as the pregnancy goes, I'm doing pretty well. I'm having trouble with my back, but have been seeing a chiropractor for a while now. I'm down to seeing her once every two weeks probably until the baby is born, and she thinks I'll probably need one or two more adjustments after the birth. My hips also feel a lot more sore this time also. I don't know if this is just because it's my second pregnancy or what, but I don't remember them feeling like this with Eli, at least not this soon. But I still wouldn't trade any of it - I do love being pregnant (just don't ask me if I still feel this way closer to November!)

No comments: