Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So Long, Farewell. . .

That's right, it's time to say good-bye. To my pump. Anyone who has been around me for any length of time in the last seven and a half months, knows that I have been pumping religiously. At home, at other's homes, at a conference, in hotel rooms, in the car - anywhere. And last night, for the last time.
A part of me feels sad, because it means that Eli is now seven and a half months! But I have enough frozen milk in our freezer in the basement to feed the three of us in a time of famine. So it was definitely time to quit. On the other hand, I feel like I have all this wonderful time on my hands. Pumping was a huge time commitment. And there's a sense of freedom now when I leave the house. No more planning errands and events around my pumping schedule.
So anyhow, the pump still sits ceremoniously on the chair in the family room. I guess it's time to pack it up and put it away. So long, farewell. . .

2 comments:

Annie Beth said...

Wow, that's such a big deal. Emily had feeding problems at the beginning, so all we ever really had was a pumping relationship after the nursing went downhill. There is a love/hate relationship with the thing. It is so nice to not have to do it anymore (like in the car), but you also feel sad. *sniff*

The Bunnell Family said...

Yeah, same here. I do feel proud that we've never had to use formula. Except that we're introducing some now because we're going to Denver for a few days - but that's using it for travel reasons!