Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Crazy

So in addition to our strange weather, a couple other crazy things have happened this week. First, I enrolled Eli in a 2 year old preschool program for next school year! There's a lot of crazy in this: first that he's going to be 2 this year, and second that it's actually time to think about preschool! I know a lot of kids start preschool at age 3, and that's when our church preschool starts. But since I stay home with Eli, I thought it would be a good idea for him to have a social and structured environment also. He loves going to the nursery at the gym now, so I hope he'll love this, too. He'll just go 2 days a week, and I'll have 4 free hours each day, which I think is important, also.
Okay, and here's the second bit of crazy this week: I saw Eli throw his foot on top of the front rail of his crib, over the side, and then he straddled the rail while holding on to the end of his crib!! What?! The other day he woke up from his nap in a great mood, and was very happily playing in there. I asked him if he wanted out, and he shook his head no. So Thom called, I got the phone, sat in the rocker in Eli's room, and was talking to him, when lo and behold Eli started his acrobatic tricks. I just about fell over. I did jump up and stand next to him (even in my shock, I wasn't ready to let him fall), and kind of wanted to see how far he could get. I couldn't believe he could do that, and definitely didn't want him to go all the way over. So the bed has one more notch we can lower it, and we'll see what happens after that. I'm hoping this was a one time (for now) freak thing that he did while he was playing, and that it won't happen again for a while. Because I am definitely not ready for him to be climbing out of his crib yet!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

you could always go to the toddler bed,

Anonymous said...

he needs to spend more time with his grandparents...........that would help

erica said...

Heh, the climbing IS crazy, isn't it? Kent's bed is low enough that he can't climb out, but he does use the chair next to his crib to climb in. I hadn't realized he could do this until one day, when I had left him alone playing on the floor for a few seconds, I walked back into his room and he was just chilling in his crib. =)

Annie Beth said...

Hey- I just took Emily to childcare at the gym for the first time yesterday (Caleb, too, but he doesn't care). She screamed hysterically for about 5 minutes and then was fine. Has that been a good experience for you? I thought it might be fun for her and it keeps me from having to get up at 5 to go before Brad leaves for work.